Industrial Relations & Employment Law
Our Workplace practice group is experienced and highly proficient in industrial relations and employment law. We routinely advise and represent employers and high worth individuals on a range of matters with the focus on delivering timely, practical and cost effective advice and legal services.
Our expertise includes the following areas:
- Employment contracts and independent contractor contracts
- Confidentiality and post-employment restraints of trade
- Termination of employment including common law breach of contract, trade practices, unfair dismissal (State and Federal), summary dismissal, unlawful terminations and adverse action/general protections claims under the Fair Work Act
- Leave and other employee entitlements
- Incentive payment schemes
- Disciplinary actions
- Workplace investigations
- Human resource policies and procedure
- Awards and enterprise agreements
- Industrial disputes
- Right of entry and dealing with unions
- Registered organisation compliance requirements under Federal industrial relations legislations
- Transfer of business and employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions and business restructuring
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and civil remedy proceedings
- Redundancy and re-deployment
- Senior Executive employment and termination
- Public sector employment including statutory corporations and government corporations
- Employment claim and recovery of money owed
- Workplace Training.
'They are consistently good in every area; in advice and in service they are one of the best out there.'
Chambers Asia Pacific, 2015