Area of expertise
Special Counsel DipLaw, BA, GradDipLegPrac, Practitioner’s Certificate in Mediation
phone +61 2 4911 5458
Fiona has worked in industrial and employment law for over 25 years.
During that time, she has advised clients across all aspects of industrial and employment law and has represented clients in the Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court, Industrial Relations Commission of NSW, Supreme Court of NSW, District Court of NSW, Chief Industrial Magistrate’s Court of NSW, NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Human Rights Commission.
Fiona has particular expertise in matters that involve award and statutory interpretation as well as extensive expertise advising and appearing in full bench appeals.
Fiona joined Moray & Agnew from the NSW Bar in August 2018.
- Represented a private sector client in a matter concerning interpretation of the Long Service Leave Act 1955 (NSW) and whether long service leave could be paid out under the Act
- Represented a client in a matter that examined whether on call employees were deemed to be working while on call for the purposes of industrial relations legislation
- Represented a private sector client in a matter involving the interpretation of the Long Service Leave Act 1955 (NSW) and whether or not casual employees were entitled to leave under the Act
- Represented a private sector client in a matter where the legal meaning of the term industrial action was examined by the Federal Circuit Court
- Represented employer clients in the award reviews in the Fair Work Commission
- Represented employer clients in work health and safety prosecutions, industrial disputes, underpayment of wages claims, unfair dismissal general protections claims and breach of contract disputes.
- Industrial Relations Society NSW
- Law Society of NSW
- The Medico-Legal Society of NSW
- The Resolution Institute