Moray & Agnew specialises in advising and representing employers in the public and private sectors in a wide range of employment, safety and other workplace issues.
- Termination of employment and unfair dismissal
- Discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Contract of employment issues including breach, misleading representations, misuse of confidential information and restraint of trade
- Public sector employment law (federal and state)
- Fitness for duty issues
- Disciplinary investigations
- Performance management processes
- Drafting individual contracts of employment and collective agreements
- Drafting policies and procedures
- Unions and industrial disputes
- Awards and enterprise bargaining.
We also advise and represent clients in relation to safety issues including:
- Incident responses
- Prosecutions and notices.
Members of our team have worked in private practice, in-house and in government, as well as having undertaken secondments to increase their understanding of the challenges facing employers.
Moray & Agnew assists clients in minimising costs by having our lawyers undertake the advocacy in litigated matters where appropriate and by ensuring that matters are handled by as few lawyers as possible. We also ensure that our lawyers are accessible to provide urgent advice or to discuss matters as a ‘sounding board’. We add real value to our workplace clients through the delivery of legal seminars and by regularly issuing updates on issues in workplace law.
'They are consistently good in every area; in advice and in service they are one of the best out there.'
Chambers Asia Pacific, 2015