Termination of Employment
Termination of employment if not handled properly could be a difficult and costsly process for an employer, both in terms of direct financial costs as well as indirect costs arising from destabilisation of the workforce. Our experienced employment practitioners can assist with the entire termination process from investigation of allegations of misconduct, to disciplinary process, through to defending all types of claims from employee(s) arising from termination employment including redundancy.
Our expertise includes the following areas:
- Conduct of workplace investigations including allegation of breach of human resource policies and misconduct
- Advising in respect of disciplinary process and action
- Advising in respect of issues and approach to effecting termination including handling unions
- Representation in respect of termination related claims (common law breach of contract, trade practices claim, unfair dismissal (State and Federal), summary dismissal, unlawful terminations and adverse action / general protections claims under the Fair Work Act)
- Advising in respect of redundancy and redeployment
- Advising and representation in respect of industrial disputes and industrial action taken in relation to termination
- Strategic advice in respect of workforce planning.
'They are consistently good in every area; in advice and in service they are one of the best out there.'
Chambers Asia Pacific, 2015