Discrimination, Bullying & Harassment
Our discrimination, bullying and harassment practice has traditionally been a significant practice area for the Workplace practice group having a long history in providing (contentious and non-contentious) advice and representation to both private and public sector organisations in this area.
We assist employers, service providers and other organisations in dealing with all aspects of this area ranging from considered and cost effective defence of unlawful discrimination claims to advising on robust and integrated strategies to better implement equal opportunity into the workplace and business operations.
Our expertise covers:
- Defending unlawful discrimination claims (employment and non-employment) under State and Federal unlawful discrimination laws before regulators (eg Anti-Discrimination Board or Australian Human Rights Commission) and tribunals (eg NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal) and courts (eg Supreme Court of NSW or Federal Court of Australia)
- Advising on applications for exemption under the States and Federal unlawful discrimination laws
- Applications for injunctions in respect of discrimination claims
- Defending adverse action/general protection matters under the Fair Work Act involving unlawful discrimination
- Conduct of investigations in relating to allegations of discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Drafting and review of discrimination, equal opportunity, bullying and harassment and related human resource policies
- Discrimination, bullying and harassment training (general and bespoke)
- Compliance and strategic advice relating to equal opportunity and anti-discrimination measures.
We are also at the forefront of developments in the new bullying jurisdiction under the Fair Work Act, having already advised and provided training sessions to employers in relation to this emerging jurisdiction.
“We are very proud to partner with Moray & Agnew in providing legal assistance to the most vulnerable members of the community. Moray & Agnew provides lawyers to North Melbourne Legal Service on a pro bono basis to help disadvantaged members of the community and the firm plays a key role in making the justice system accessible. Moray & Agnew lawyers are characterised by the highest standards of excellence, professionalism and commitment."
Khoi Cao-Lam, Executive Officer, Inner Melbourne Community Legal
Time to give back