Partner LLB, BA, DipLegPrac
phone +61 2 4911 5490
Elizabeth has specialised in employment law and industrial relations for over 10 years.
In this time, she has worked for a broad range of clients, including employers in industries such as health, manufacturing, transport, retail, finance and essential services.
Elizabeth regularly assists employer clients in managing workplace performance, disciplinary procedures and termination of employment and conducts workplace investigations in response to employee complaints and grievances. She also advises and represents employers in unfair and general protection claims and other employment-related litigation.
Elizabeth has particular expertise and experience in equal opportunity and discrimination matters including assisting employers in developing risk management strategies, such as preparing and implementing workplace policies and procedures as well as conducting workplace training.
- Assisting a large state-based superannuation fund in strategic enterprise bargaining – including planning, drafting, negotiating and implementing workplace agreements
- Assisting a manufacturing employer in developing industrial strategies for its workplaces and responding to industrial action
- Conducting workplace investigations – including in response to employee complaints and grievances for several independent schools and public health services
- Assisting numerous clients in employment-related aspects of the sale and purchase of businesses, large-scale redundancies and outsourcing situations as well as matters involving recruitment and promotion
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of risk management strategies for an international manufacturing employer including conducting workplace training and providing Train-the-Trainer courses in equal opportunity for the organisation’s human resources team.
April 30, 2012
Birdanco Nominees Pty Ltd v Money  VSCA 64 (4 April 2012) Background In 2002, Liam Money (then aged 19) was…Continue reading
June 2, 2016
The Fair Work Commission (‘Commission’) has made some important observations about the purpose of anti-bullying provisions in the recent case of…Continue reading
October 21, 2015
Significant changes to the Building Code 2013 (Code) have now commenced, introducing new requirements for managing drugs and alcohol on building…Continue reading
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Hunter Business Women's Network
- Industrial Relations Society of NSW
- Law Society of NSW