Partner LLB, BA, DipLegPrac
phone +61 2 4911 5490
Elizabeth has specialised in employment law and industrial relations for over 10 years.
In this time, she has worked for a broad range of clients, including employers in industries such as health, manufacturing, transport, retail, finance and essential services.
Elizabeth regularly assists employer clients in managing workplace performance, disciplinary procedures and termination of employment and conducts workplace investigations in response to employee complaints and grievances. She also advises and represents employers in unfair and general protection claims and other employment-related litigation.
Elizabeth has particular expertise and experience in equal opportunity and discrimination matters including assisting employers in developing risk management strategies, such as preparing and implementing workplace policies and procedures as well as conducting workplace training.
- Assisting a large state-based superannuation fund in strategic enterprise bargaining – including planning, drafting, negotiating and implementing workplace agreements
- Assisting a manufacturing employer in developing industrial strategies for its workplaces and responding to industrial action
- Conducting workplace investigations – including in response to employee complaints and grievances for several independent schools and public health services
- Assisting numerous clients in employment-related aspects of the sale and purchase of businesses, large-scale redundancies and outsourcing situations as well as matters involving recruitment and promotion
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of risk management strategies for an international manufacturing employer including conducting workplace training and providing Train-the-Trainer courses in equal opportunity for the organisation’s human resources team.
May 13, 2014
The Full Bench of the Fair Work Commission has recently confirmed a decision of Deputy President Gostencnik to reject an application…Continue reading
August 29, 2014
In a landmark decision which indicates that Australian courts are now likely to take a significantly different approach to awarding damages…Continue reading
March 31, 2015
Toms v Harbour City Ferries Pty Limited  FCAFC 35 The Full Federal Court (Full Court) has recently upheld the dismissal…Continue reading
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Hunter Business Women's Network
- Industrial Relations Society of NSW
- Law Society of NSW