Senior Associate LLB, BBus (International Business)
phone +61 7 3225 5984
Dev specialises in defending complex / sensitive litigation relevant to employment law and regulatory prosecutions (with a special interest in the health care sector).
With over 13 years of high quality experience, Dev has worked at leading national and global commercial law firms.
Dev has a strong background in insurance law (including in-house experience at a major insurer) and advises insurers on coverage and litigated matters, particularly in relation to employment practices liability (‘EPL’) claims.
Dev’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- Acting in relation to general protections and unfair dismissal claims
- Assisting health care professionals respond to investigations and disciplinary proceedings instituted by regulatory bodies
- Defending regulatory prosecutions for alleged breaches of safety legislation and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Acting for regulatory bodies in relation to prosecutions
- Advising in relation to grievances and bullying complaints (including acting in relation to anti-bullying applications in the Fair Work Commission)
- Conducting and advising on workplace investigations into serious allegations of employee misconduct, including bullying and sexual harassment
- Advising on restraint of trade claims
- Managing the response to critical safety incidents and subsequent investigation by regulators.
- Industrial Relations Society of Queensland
- Medico Legal Society of Queensland