Moray & Agnew specialises in advising and representing employers in the public and private sectors in a wide range of employment, safety and other workplace issues.
- Termination of employment and unfair dismissal
- Discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Contract of employment issues including breach, misleading representations, misuse of confidential information and restraint of trade
- Public sector employment law (federal and state)
- Fitness for duty issues
- Disciplinary investigations
- Performance management processes
- Drafting individual contracts of employment and collective agreements
- Drafting policies and procedures
- Unions and industrial disputes
- Awards and enterprise bargaining.
We also advise and represent clients in relation to safety issues including:
- Incident responses
- Prosecutions and notices.
Members of our team have worked in private practice, in-house and in government, as well as having undertaken secondments to increase their understanding of the challenges facing employers.
Moray & Agnew assists clients in minimising costs by having our lawyers undertake the advocacy in litigated matters where appropriate and by ensuring that matters are handled by as few lawyers as possible. We also ensure that our lawyers are accessible to provide urgent advice or to discuss matters as a ‘sounding board’. We add real value to our workplace clients through the delivery of legal seminars and by regularly issuing updates on issues in workplace law.
“We are very proud to partner with Moray & Agnew in providing legal assistance to the most vulnerable members of the community. Moray & Agnew provides lawyers to North Melbourne Legal Service on a pro bono basis to help disadvantaged members of the community and the firm plays a key role in making the justice system accessible. Moray & Agnew lawyers are characterised by the highest standards of excellence, professionalism and commitment."
Khoi Cao-Lam, Executive Officer, Inner Melbourne Community Legal
Time to give back